We take workshops to 50 schools across Australia each year. Each school hosts two mentors for two full days. The program was piloted in six schools in late 2013.
The 2014 schools include:
Talent Development Project
Rose Bay Secondary College
Good Samaritan Catholic College &
Clancy Catholic College combined
Bellarine Secondary College, Geelong
Doveton High, Melbourne
Matthew Flinders High (Sweethearts)
Kilbreda College, Mentone
Bendigo Senior Secondary College
Heatley Secondary College, Townsville
Sunshine Beach SHS
Ocean Reef SHS
Canning Vale College
Cyril Jackson Senior College
Mindarie Senior College
St Michael’s College
Sacred Heart College Senior
St Mary’s College Adelaide
Ogilvie High School
NT Music School workshops, Darwin
How can I get SongMakers to my school?
- You must be a government or Catholic secondary school.
- You must be able to provide access to 16 senior music students for two consecutive school days. Ideally, they will have had some experience in songwriting and be willing to share their ideas in a group setting.
- You must be able to provide a classroom for group work and 3 additional break-out spaces for small-group writing and playing. A recording studio or desk is not essential as most of our producers bring their own laptop and software. Instruments, amps and microphones must be provided by the school.
- At least one on-staff music teacher must be allocated to support the mentors and students for the duration of the workshops. Because it is such a valuable professional learning opportunity for teachers to observe the mentors in action, many schools allocate more than one member of the music staff.
- Complete the online form to register your interest as a SongMakers host school.
In 2014, SongMakers schools were selected from recommendations made by a National Advisory group of education and industry representatives. In 2015 schools will be selected by an Expression of Interest process.
SongMakers may be provided to independent schools under a fee-for-service arrangement. Please email us to enquire.