- You are a government or Catholic secondary school.
- You are able to provide access to 16 senior music students (year 10, 11, 12 – in exceptional circumstances we will take year 9 student/s) for two consecutive school days. They will have some experience in songwriting and be willing to share their ideas in a group setting.
- You are able to provide a classroom for group work and 3 additional break-out spaces for small-group writing and playing. A recording studio or desk is not essential as most of our producers bring their own laptop and software. Instruments, amps, microphones and pop filter/s must be provided by the school.
- At least one on-staff music teacher is allocated to support the mentors and students for the duration of the workshops. Because it is such a valuable professional learning opportunity for teachers to observe the mentors in action, many schools allocate more than one member of the music staff.
- Applications are now open.
SongMakers may be provided to independent schools under a fee-for-service arrangement. Please email us to enquire.